1. Central Subtropical Atlantic:
Shower and thunderstorm activity has changed little since yesterday
evening in association with an area of low pressure located over the
central subtropical Atlantic. Some slow development, however, is
possible during the next couple of days before environmental
conditions become less conducive later this week. The system should
generally move northward or northeastward while remaining over the
open central subtropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. Central Tropical Atlantic:
A tropical wave located several hundred miles east of the Windward
Islands is producing an area of disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Some gradual development of this system is possible
during the next several days while the system approaches the
Windward Islands toward the end of the week and moves over the
eastern Caribbean sea over the weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
top of page
bottom of page